Interested in learning more about careers in technology at Altus Group. Please join us at our recruitment open house on November 28th from 6pm – 8pm. Please follow the link to register - http://bit.ly/2iQM5Md
Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS, Voyanta and Altus Data Solutions as the leading provider of CRE solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empowers commercial real estate clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Altus is revolutionizing the CRE industry again! We are working on a creating a brand new customer-facing web integration project that brings together key platforms under one roof. With multiple phases set to roll out over the next 24 months and significant company-wide growth expected, now is an exciting time to join Altus Analytics.
We have a newly created opportunity for a Senior QA Automation Developer to join our team. This is a role for someone who wants to take on the automation of testing for our new web application. This is an opportunity to fully automate the testing of an application from ground up to be part of a Continuous Deployment pipeline of our AWS Cloud hosted products and environments.
Why this is exciting for an Automation Developer
You are a Developer with a few years of experience creating Automation Test Frameworks for Web Applications. You want an opportunity to introduce strategy and execute on advanced Automation concepts for a global product. As we continue to diversify and invest in our products, the priority is to run automation in a virtual environment. Our future is in cloud products and our new Senior QA Automation Developer will have a voice as to the processes, tools and consumption methods we use for our audience.
What’s in it for you
- Knowledge. We are passionate about technology and as the industry leaders in CRE Tech, we know the future is in Automation. We will give you the opportunity to lead the way, introduce best practices and expand your skills in Automation.
- Exposure. This is an opportunity to be part of rolling out a unique product that will support and positively impact users around the world. It is a brand new platform that will change how our global clients access and engage with our full range of products.
- Career Development. You will work on a cutting edge technology product from the very beginning and deliver a quality product with a high degree of test automation. This is an opportunity to potentially lead other manual or automation testers in the future.
Here’s what our Senior QA Automation Developer will do:
- Adopt and raise the standard. Demonstrate your expertise and knowledge of solid design principles and automation framework design by working side-by-side with the team, enforcing our high standards and introducing improvements where possible.
- Automate the testing of the application through UI automation, API automation and Performance testing automation.
- Manage. You will oversee the quality of the product by ensuring it is tested automatically or manually.
- Voice an opinion. Present logical arguments for and against automation processes in place, automation tools, automation tasks.
- Support. Maintain, extend and develop the existing automated test framework, ensuring that it is stable and reliable.
- Lead. Coordinate the proper execution of automation test procedures and automated test tasks within the onsite and offsite team, including code management, best practices and review. You will provide support and training in automation to QA team members.
- Collaborate. Work with Developers to investigate, diagnose and develop resolutions for bugs, defects and errors.
- Be Agile. Actively participate in weekly meetings; set and meet weekly sprint deliverables.
How do we know that’s you? You are:
- A university graduate. You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline. You have solid math skills and knowledge of financial concepts.
- An experienced Developer. You have 4-5 years working with C# and .NET. You have hands on expertise:
- Developing new automation frameworks for web applications.
- Maintaining and extending automation in an Agile environment.
- Analyzing user stories and coming up with test plans and test cases.
- Consuming QA generated artifices and interacting with manual QA.
- Understanding of Object Orientated Principles, class design and the HTTP protocol for Web testing and automation.
- Using some or all of the following:
- Testing tools such Selenium.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and Octopus.
- Test Case Management tools like Microsoft Test Manager & TFS. Understanding of Microsoft Lab Management Tooling.
- Scripting languages like PowerShell.
- Automated REST & SOAP APIs.
- Tools like RunScope or Postman.
- An innovative problem-solver. You think creatively in automating commercial grade software. You have a high desire to learn rapidly and expand your skills and your contribution. You can quickly become an expert on our product(s).
- A strong communicator. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You can build positive relationships with stakeholders, end users and members of a project team.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.