Interested in learning more about careers in technology at Altus Group. Please join us at our recruitment open house on November 28th from 6pm – 8pm. Please follow the link to register - http://bit.ly/2iQM5Md
Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS and Voyanta as the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empower CRE clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
We need a DevOps Specialist to join our team; a self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to help us think disruptively about the future of our cloud products. Someone with the initiative to research new approaches and the drive to stay at the top of their game. A DevOps with the vision and the technical skills to transition a mature application to AWS and build the infrastructure and processes needed to support our Data Exchange Product(DX).
We want a DevOps Specialist who can efficiently and effectively bridge cloud operations and physical data centres. As a key contributor to the team, our new DevOps Specialist will gain insights on our full scope of offerings in order to analyze complex issues, develop solutions and support multiple global AWS applications and legacy platforms.
What’s in it for you
- Knowledge. Our DevOps team is passionate about technology, being involved at different levels and cross-training on our products. There is an endless scope for learning including the opportunity to undertake your AWS certification if you don’t already have it. Occasionally, someone gets to go to the AWS Las Vegas conference.
- Ownership. This is a chance to build new products, introduce new tools and try new solutions. We're always looking for good tools that make life simpler, and for ways to educate ourselves. We have a dynamic, innovative environment where you are given the opportunity to influence and drive the uptake of our new platforms and products.
- Exposure. This is an opportunity to transition a global product to the cloud that will support and positively impact users around the world; to use cutting edge cloud technology and help build infrastructure from the ground up. As the company grows, so too will the opportunities to work on our full range of products and increase your depth as a leader here or on another solution.
Here’s what our DevOps will work on:
- Infrastructure. Build, manage and lead the administration of the infrastructure for our Data Exchange Product and our new Portal. Research availability and suitability of 3rd party tools and deploy them to support new builds on our platforms.
- Deployment and maintenance. Recommend intelligent processes for deployment and maintenance methodologies. Build with Octopus and Jenkins.
- Operational features and processes. Collaborate locally and remotely with Development Architects and Leaders to implement operational features, tools and process. Occasional travel to other offices (UK and US) as required.
So how do you know that you are our next DevOps team member? You bring:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math.
- The experience. You have 1-3 years of hands-on exposure transitioning legacy products and building infrastructure supporting cloud applications. You are up-to-date on current DevOps standards and best practices.
- The toolbox. You have all of the computer engineering tools down including:
- In-depth knowledge of AWS.
- .NET Windows development technologies.
- Scripting tools such as Python or Powershell.
- Other technologies you are familiar with may include AngularJS, Java, Tomcat and SQL.
- The translation skills. You can work with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers translating practical usability feedback into technical requirements and back again. You thrive on acting as the communication bridge.
- The drive. You truly enjoy thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest processes. You can focus on the big picture and the details.
- The flexibility. You can switch priorities in response to demand and you are able to travel to the US and the UK to collaborate with other product and development teams.
- The initiative. You enjoy keeping pace with your teammates. You easily learn new technologies and solutions.
- The admiration for Agile. You have project-based experience working in an Agile environment. You thrive in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- The sense of adventure. Whether it’s in the way you approach a tricky coding challenge, a design flaw or avoiding seasickness on our annual boat cruise, you take pleasure in working out the problem creatively.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.