Who we are
Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS and Voyanta as the leading provider of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empower CRE clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Reporting directly to the Director of Development Operations, this is an opportunity for a Senior QA Manager to build and drive the vision and mission for the entire QA department that is spread across four countries and several products. We need a Senior QA Manager who comes armed with an arsenal of methodologies, processes and testing strategies. A Senior QA Manager who has end-to-end software development lifecycle exposure - and has seen a couple of failures as well as multiple successes. Someone who can support a team of 3-7 direct lead-level reports that oversee a larger, global team. Someone who not only understands and implements manual testing but also has good depth of understanding in Test Automation. A Senior QA Manager who promotes different thinking and out-of-the-box problem-solving.
Who are you and what are you looking for?
You are a Senior Manager role with global team oversight. You are seeking the chance to work on new applications, using new tech and creating - and executing on - the processes to move new and existing applications to the cloud. You enjoy challenges and are ready to spearhead multiple projects concurrently while leading your team through a period of exciting company changes driven by growth.
We are looking for someone who wants to:
- Be the driving force. In collaboration with the QA team, the development team and Development Leadership, you will be in charge of improving our testing practices and the toolset used.
- Be a project manager. You will lead multiple projects designed to increase the effectiveness and accuracy of our QA practices. You will coordinate project planning and deliveries with Release Managers. You will oversee day-to-day activities of the QA team through a QA Manager and other leads and serve as the liaison with key stakeholders in the development team including project management, product managers and development team leads.
- Be an analyst. You will produce comprehensive Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on the Performance and Quality of the platforms under development. You will recommend opportunities for productivity and process improvement in an Agile team environment.
- Be a people manager. You will manage and develop a distributed quality assurance team (including QA resources with our partner in India) using mentoring, motivating, coaching, training and other resources aimed at increasing their capabilities.
- Be a detective.You will find opportunities to automate and to drive automation on Altus Analytics products. You will identify and recommend new testing methodologies.
- Be logical. You want to conduct QA tests and determine the root causes of issues while working with development to validate and fix them. And write it all up. Because documentation is everything.
- Be an explorer and a cartographer. Be different! You want to map it all out – the QA test plans, test cases and scripts for product releases based on the functional designs.
- Be spontaneous. Be creative. You will create processes to measure and improve post-release metrics.
- Be responsive. You will respond to change in priorities and ensure timely delivery of hotfixes.
- Be an owner. You want to spearhead a team where ideas are welcome. You want to create internal processes and metrics to support the growth of our company.
- Be diligent. You will ensure our products are released on time with zero significant defects. Simply put, we are asking for the highest quality standards each and every time.
- Be a champion. You will truly embrace the end-to-end QA process from creating test data, tools and test environments to accurately logging and owning defects with appropriate artifacts. From overseeing platform and installation testing to participating in dialog with developers discussing current and proposed architecture, defects,
enhancements and other issues.
So who are you and what do you want?
- You are an expert. You have experience in Software Quality Assurance as well as experience as a QA Manager or higher level role. You have proven expertise with:
- testing using multiple languages and operating systems including, AWS, Windows, Microsoft SQL, ASP.Net and many others.
- a range of testing approaches including black/white/grey box testing, regression testing, smoke test, performance-based testing, scenario based testing, model-based testing and other testing methodologies.
- testing tools such as Lab Manager, Ranorex, Cucumber, SOAtest, Microsoft Test Manager and Coded UI and other leading automated testing applications.
- various automation testing techniques and tools to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- You are a leader. You enjoy sharing information, guiding team members and mentoring the professional growth of others. You have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel.
- You are a perfectionist. You define detail-oriented and nothing gets past you.
- You approach testing like a gamer approaches a new level: strategy, creativity, caution and risks. There’s a fine balance to winning. And to you, winning is finding all of the issues – and solving them – before the product leaves the building.
- You want to apply your love of case testing, methodologies and process documentation to build a career at an amazing company.
- You need a place where your passion for learning new technologies and critically analyzing all of the pieces is truly appreciated.
- You want to be a contributing member on a team with bright people. A team with personality. A team that gets along and is good at what they are doing.
- You want to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels – from developers to BAs, from your teammates to end-users. You pride yourself on your ability to build positive relationships and communicate effectively.
- You have never met a deadline you couldn’t stare down. Prioritizing is your middle name. You thrive in a multi-project environment.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.