Altus Analytics, a business of Altus Group, is the leading global technology partner to the commercial real estate industry and is poised for significant growth and expansion over the next three years.
Altus Analytics brings together the collective expertise of ARGUS, Voyanta and Altus Data Solutions as the leading provider of CRE solutions worldwide. Our technology and industry expertise empowers commercial real estate clients and partners to work collaboratively to enhance decision making, drive performance and optimize transactional efficiency. From property budgeting, making strategic decisions about acquisitions or working with different teams, different organizations and different data, we can bring it all together.
Reporting to the VP, Development we are looking for an experienced Director of Application Development to own and drive the successful delivery of a number of our platforms while contributing to the product strategy and the overall platform roadmap. We need a Director who wants to set the technical direction for their teams and drive the evolution of the systems architecture and who wants to join a mature development team and help implement the next phase of our expansion.
This is an opportunity to join a rapidly scaling global industry leader in the early-days of their next innovative product development leap.
Who are you and how will your career grow at Altus Analytics?
You are a Director of Development at company with SaaS experience, who wants to step into a high profile role with executive-level exposure. You are seeking the challenges and rewards of working in a dynamic environment and pioneering new products that will propel our company forward.
You are a people manager and a technical manager. You want to have your voice heard and be able to empower your team to efficiently and effectively to meet their goals. You are looking for an opportunity to take a hands-on approach to strategy development and the entire software development life-cycle from kick off to retrospective. You want to confidently demonstrate ownership and accountability for the entire product delivery process.
Here’s what our Director, Application Development will do:
- Provide oversight. You will manage the application teams from recruiting to resourcing; from budgeting to people development.
- Allocate engineering resources. You will coordinate with product manager, project managers and engineers across various projects to allocate engineering resources.
- Balance and prioritize. You will analyse current customer and future prospect needs with long term product roadmap needs to provide insight to the product roadmap.
- Meet deliverables. You will provide input and metrics to ensure that the engineering team delivers the products on time and market ready.
- Best practices. You will drive the adoption of application development best practices, tools and standards. You will lead the continuous evolution of project management processes.
- Strategy and roadmap development. You will own and drive the strategy for application functionality and security through effective planning, design, and system implementation.
- Long-term relationship management. You will provide oversight and performance of vendors to ensure quality, cost, and effectiveness.
- Collaborate. You will nurture working relationships with Project sponsors and colleagues within the Development, Operations and Help Desk areas.
- Innovate solutions. You will maintain a working knowledge of all application projects in progress and provide oversight and facilitate problem resolution, as needed.
So, how do we know you are the next Director, Application Development? You have:
- An ideal combination of knowledge and experience. You have 2+ years as a Director of Development managing multiple team leads, technical leads, and Developers. You have proven, hands-on success leading teams working on:
- Software and web development for wide range of SAAS platforms
- Customer facing applications for external clients
- Continuous Integration environments
- A passion for people. You have excellent strong instincts, sound business acumen and excellent people management experience. You are an outstanding mentor.
- A sense of ownership. You believe in a continuous improvement approach. You thrive in a busy environment, assigning tasks, following up on deliverables and getting your hands dirty too. Whatever it takes, you get it done.
- A winning presentation style. You have a way of speaking that engages your audience and instills confidence and credibility. You are comfortable presenting to C-level executives.
- A true sense of obligation and responsibility. You love what you do. This isn’t a job, this is a career. You have worked your way up from developer to lead to manager and now director. You are invested in satisfying the needs of your clients - and you work hard to do it well, on spec and on time.
- A strong leadership presence. Your commitment and focus influences those around you to do better. You know how to build, grow and coach a team.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Analytics a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.