Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of independent advisory services, software, and data solutions to the global commercial real estate industry. Our businesses, Altus Analytics and Altus Expert Services, empower clients to analyze, gain market insight and recognize value on their real estate investments. Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,300 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
We are looking for two Technical Project Managers to fill high profile roles that will garner recognition across the organization.
- One to own and drive the start-to-end technical project process for our flagship CRE product, ARGUS Enterprise. Someone who is responsible for evolving and managing processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments.
- One for a greenfield opportunity to spearhead the release management work on our brand new web-based SaaS product. Someone to develop, monitor and enforce release management processes. These processes will govern how each production environment will be updated, upgraded and maintained. This includes all types of change across infrastructure, applications and operations.
Reporting to the Director of Release Management at Altus Analytics, the Technical Project Managers will be the lead and liaison between product management, application development, and production operations departments for software release management.
We need Technical Project Managers with an in-depth understanding of every stage of the SDLC. Technical Project Managers with skills in advance planning and managing sprints, integrating regular weekly releases and contributing to strategic development projects and adoption of best practices.
Who are you and how will your career grow here?
You are a Software Project Manager with deep technical knowledge. You enjoy bridging the gap between the technical team and the stakeholders. You want to build a team and work collaboratively with all participants in software development projects, supporting BAs, developers, QAs and Automation around the world. You thrive in a dynamic environment where you are a part of every stage of the software build from requirements gathering to release. You are looking for an opportunity to have your voice heard and work closely with management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
This is a chance to join a rapidly scaling company. As we grow the organization, there will be an increasing number of new opportunities across our product groups and business lines. Opportunities that may include moving into a senior project manager role and overseeing a number of different products and teams or working directly on the product team.
Here's what our Technical Project Manager will do:
- Manage the continuous design, build and deployment of new software. This is a start-to-end role.
- Plan release windows and cycles; and, communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes - for the company as a whole.
- Propose and manage tools and services to help product management and project teams manage, deploy and track features, bugs and improvements into production.
- Collaborate and support all participants in software development projects - BAs, developers and QAs.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality. Both from a day-to-day and a long-term project perspective.
- Measure, monitor and report on progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business including weekly release reporting.
- Coordinate, negotiate, plan and manage all project activities and content based on the task, bug & technical debt backlog and product roadmap.
- Spearhead daily stand-up meetings to prioritize and assign tasks.
- Participate in development planning to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks; and work with developers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Build, and strengthen the way we are using tools, technologies, to continually improve the release processes.
- Increase visibility into release planning to ensure the system is being pushed forward every week and bugs are resolved within the week.
- Work with management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
So, how do we know that’s you? You are:
- A technical leader. You have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or similar) with 3+ years experience in Agile development environments (familiarity with TFS and/or JIRA would be a bonus). You know the ins and outs of how technical teams in a start-up work and you thrive in a flexibly Agile environment.
- An Agile advocate. You have hands-on experience breaking down short and long term projects into 2- or 3-week sprints. You have in-depth knowledge of how to assign tasks, and ensure that all pieces are completed on time.
- A wide-angle lens. You focus on the big picture. You enjoy working on longer term strategic planning. You can predict and achieve long-term project objectives.
- Metrics driven. You can set and exceed expectations; and, you track those results and the progress of your team. You are able to predict if your team’s assigned tasks are tracking to be complete by the end of a sprint. You believe in measurable quality and efficiency.
- True north. You bring multiple teams and specialities together. Everyone knows where to find you, and trusts in your guidance and direction.
- A collaborative leader. You know how to inspire, support, and challenge a team. You believe in listening to the ideas of your team and respecting their expertise, as well as knowing how to push forward your agenda.
- A stakeholder manager. You know how to manage competing priorities and demands. You have the insider’s track on how to work effectively with senior leadership/ decision-makers with conflicting timelines.
- An outstanding communicator. You have superior communication skills. You are concise, on point, and effective. You know how to listen and how to be heard.
- An innovative problem-solver. You are flexible, but process-focused and you know how to balance urgency with long-term payoff. You are on a continuous search for improvements. You are never in a panic but you know how to get work done quickly, and accurately, ensuring integrity of releases.
Need any more reasons to want to work with us?
As we continue to grow, the possibilities for the people that join Altus Analytics are significant. From professional growth to innovation to collaboration we are committed to continuing to foster the right environment to help our people realize their full potential. We give our people the freedom and responsibility to take charge of their career path, bring new ideas to the forefront and work on critical projects that will shape the success of our clients.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus Group a great place to spend time doing some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what’s new by following us on LinkedIn.